Photograph courtesy of Ray and Susanna, July 2015
These photos are from the Triple Bridge in the center of Lubljana, Slovenia.
According to Wikipedia, “The Triple Bridge is a group of three bridges, connecting two parts of Ljubljana’s downtown, located on both banks of Ljubljanica. There was originally only one bridge, which linked Central Europe and the Balkans. In order to prevent an 1842 stone arch bridge from being a bottleneck, two additional pedestrian bridges on either side of the central one were added in 1932 according to the Plečnik’s 1929 design. He decorated them with large stone balusters and lamps. There are two staircases, leading to terraces above the river, the banks with poplars, and the Ljubljana fish market. Two Plečnik’s urban axes of Ljubljana, the water axis and the Ljubljana Castle–Rožnik Axis, cross at the bridge.”
Photograph courtesy of Siobhan O’Connor Hartsell, July 2015